Book your stay at the Sheraton Hotel Dallas (venue for the Gathering of Eagles)
Instructors and VIPs at the Gathering of Eagles - 2017
We now have over 60 of the world's greatest Kenpo and Kenpo based instructors scheduled for this years historic event! If you would like to teach/present at the 2017 Gathering of Eagles, please follow this link for more information: Guidelines/Requirements for the GOE instructors
Below is the list of instructors that have invited to teach/present at this year's event so far. The list current instructors are posted on the GOE Schedule page. Don't see your name? Email and send us a reminder or follow the link above for an opportunity to teach at the greatest event of the year!
- GGM Al Tracy - Tracy Kenpo
- Professor Aiau Kauka Koa - Ai Pilau Kenpo, Haka, Hula
- Kumu Michelle Manu - Hawaiian Lua, Hula
- GM George Lim - Hawaii Kenpo, Kajukenbo
- GM Ted Sumner - Tracy Kenpo, Danzan Ryu Jiu-Jitsu
- GGM Al Dacascos - Wun Hop Kuen Do, Kajukenbo
- GM Roger Greene - Tracy Kenpo, Joe Lewis Fighting System
- GGM Frederick J. Villari - Shaolin Kempo
- GM Gary Forbach - Kajukenbo
- GM Nick Chamberlain - Gasan Ryu Kenpo, Heike Ryu Jiu-Jitsu
- GM Mark Tracy - Tracy Kenpo
- GM Peter Coyle - Parker and Tracy Kenpo from Ireland
- GM James Muro - Chow Hoon Goshin Jutsu
- GM John Sepulveda - AKTS, Ed Parker's American Kenpo
- GM John Hackleman - Hawaiian Kempo, The Pit
- GM John Patrick Nieto - Chuan Fa Kenpo
- GM Rick Kingi - Kajukenbo
- GM Ray Arquilla - Iron Dragon Kosho Ryu Kenpo
- GM Carlos Machado - Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu, RCJ Machado
- GM Jefferson Davis - Tracy Kenpo, Joe Lewis Fighting System
- GGM Allen Steen - AKBBA
- GM Keith Yates - AKBBA
- GM William Shelton - AKBBA
- M Nuno Nunes - Hawaii Kenpo - Portugal
- GM Manuel Arcos - Kajukenbo
- GGM J. Pat Burleson - American Karate System
- GM Roy Kurban - American Tae Kwon Do
- GM Alii Don Nahoolewa - Kajukembo
- GM Gary Lee - Hawaiian Kenpo
- GM Jesus Chavez "El Matador" - WBC World Boxing Champion
- GM Eugene Sedeno - Kajukenbo, Shaolin Kenpo
- GM James Webb - Kodokan Judo, Heike Ryu Jiu-Jitsu
- GM Becky Mornar - Tracy Kenpo
- GM William Powell - Tracy Kenpo
- GM Joe Rebelo - Karazenpo Go Shinjutsu, American Kenpo, TAI Kenpo
- GM Greg Mattson - Tracy Kenpo
- GM James Cox - Kajukembo (Peralta Method), MMA
- GM Steve Shover - Tracy Kenpo, Kung Fu San Soo, Danzan Ryu Jiu-Jutsu
- M Vance Murakami - Tracy Kenpo
- GM Jim Onorato - Tracy Kenpo
- GM Roy Abramowitz - Tracy Kenpo
- M Kiyoshi Takeuchi - Hico Ryu Tai Jutsu, Judo, BJJ, Kyokushin
- M Bill Parker - Kodokan Judo, Heike Ryu Jiu-Jitsu
- M Kamil Kuroda - Kodokan Judo, Heike Ryu Jiu-Jitsu
- M John DeLuca - Tracy Kenpo, Kenjutsu
- M John Bain - Go Hou Kan Kenpo, Pambuan Arnis, Kick Start Kids
- M Stuart Gavin - Kempo Jiu-Jitsu, Scottish Budo Assoc.
- M Joshua Ortega-Sheiner - Chuan Fa Kenpo, MMA
- M Mike Bush - Shaolin Kempo, Karazenpo Go Shinjutsu, Gasan Ryu Kenpo
- M Rollend Nery - Gasan Ryu Kenpo, Nick Cerio's Kenpo
- M Henry Childers - Tracy Kenpo
- M Dan Nolan - Okinawan Kempo, Combat Ki
- GM Kirby Roy - Okinawan Kempo, Combat Ki
- M Armando Salas - Shootfighting, Tracy Kenpo
- M Dave Hopper - Tracy Kenpo
- M George Thibault - Nick Cerio's Kenpo, Gasan Ryu Kenpo
- GM Ray Montoya - Tracy Kenpo
- GM Gerald Chavez - Kajukembo
- GM Steve Nugent - Nick Cerio's Kenpo
- GM Wali Islam - Komushin Ryu JuJitsu
- GM Jack Shamburger - Tracy Kenpo
- M Mike Dillard - Tracy Kenpo, Joe Lewis Fighting System
- M Roger Lee - Cunpao Kenpo & Kenpo Arts Alliance
- GM Mark Grupposo - Shaolin Kempo
- GM Claude Lawson - Kajukembo
- GM Yousef Alirezaei - Submission Wrestling/BJJ
- GM Bill Ambrosia - Lee Do Kan Kenpo
- GM Michael Park
(Instructor bios, photos, videos and seminar outlines will be posted as their information is received! Just click on the hyperlinks)
Professor Aiau Koa
Ai Pilau Kenpo, Kenpo, Hakka, Traditions!
Professor Aiau Kauka Koa was a long time student of Abe Kamahoahoa in the Pilau style of Kenpo and Kajukenbo. He is currently a Harbor Patrol officer on the island of Maui, in Hawaii.
He is a gifted martial artist, Hakka performer, Hula dancer and musician, with a kind and compassionate heart. He is vitally interested in the heart and soul of the martial arts and exemplifies the spirit of "Ohana" or family in his training.
Kumu Lua Michelle Manu
Kaiewalu Lua, Hula, SHE-Women's Self Defense
Michelle began studying martial arts at the age of 9. She is a first generation Senior Black Belt under Olohe Solomon Kaihewalu, and the only woman instructor. She has been a competitive athlete, professional Polynesian dancer, and a model. Michelle is a relentless advocate, instructor, and author of women’s self-awareness and defense.
She was a director for America in Defense (AID) where she led and taught pilots and flight attendants air cabin crew safety (close-quarter combat) as a result of September 11, 2001.
She also instructs self-defense for a local Southern California college and community programs through her Super Hero Experience (S.H.E.) Program, which she is bringing to Dallas for the Gathering of Eagles!
Kumu Michelle will be teaching several workshops over the weekend on the martial arts techniques of the Hawaiian system of Kaihewalu Lua.
An exciting and unique opportunity with Kumu Michelle will be the S.H.E. (Super Hero Experience) self defense workshop for ladies only (sorry guys!) on Saturday, August 12th from 1p - 3p. If you are registered for the entire weekend, then this is included in your registration price, but you still need to RSVP. When you go online and register, you will have an opportunity to select this option. If you are not joining us for the whole weekend, you can purchase this workshop separately for $75.
This will be running concurrently with a kids "Stranger Danger/Bully Self Defense" karate party for the 4, 5 & 6 year olds with Master Rollend Nery and a traditional Hawaiian Haka class with Professor Aiau Koa for the 7 - 12 year olds. (Both kids classes are included if you are enrolled in the S.H.E. workshop). If you are not enrolled in the S.H.E. workshop, you may still bring your kids to the Karate Party and/or Haka class for $15.
Senior Grand Master- Soke - "Papa" George Lim
Born in Yokohama, Japan and trained in Hawaii, Sōke George Lim has been exposed to the best. With over 40 years of martial arts experience, he represents the teachings, training and techniques of Professor Marino Tiwanak and Grand master Allen Abad.
Grand master Lim has traveled and taught nationally, as well as internationally & is able to fuse the traditional and contemporary in a way that defies your wildest expectations. Professor Lim and his wife Aunty Patrice Lim are headquartered out of Phoenix, Arizona, where they oversee over 20 schools worldwide.
Professor Lim has been an instructor at the Gathering of Eagles since its inception in 1999. His classes are always well received and full!
Harrilyn Keali'iheleaupuni Range Aiwohi,
Charman Keola Aiwohi Sr.,
Kumu Hula Deslynn Kaliliokalani Aiwohi Carter
'A'ole pau ka ike i ka halau ho'okahi
(not all knowledge is taught in one school)
Hula classes, demonstrations and history!
Keola's Hula Halau is under the direction of Harrilyn Keali'iheleaupuni Range Aiwohi, Charman Keola Aiwohi Sr., and their daughter, Kumu Hula Deslynn Kaliliokalani Aiwohi Carter. Born and raised on the island of Oahu, Hawai'i, Keali'i and Kalili began their hula training with Na Kumu Hula Louise & Luka Kalei'iki from Ilima Hula Studio in Honolulu.
Pit Master John Hackleman
John Hackleman is a 44 year martial arts veteran who has worked and trained with some of the world’s greatest champions.
His interest in martial arts began in childhood. Raised in Hawaii, John was often the target of bullies for the simple reason of being different—in his case, not local to Hawaii. Local children picked on him and, as bullies often do, stole his lunch money. A familiar story for many adults. Knowing he could either fight back or be a victim, John threw a powerful kick, landing a winning blow to the head of his biggest tormenter.
He wasn’t bullied again. Hackleman has since perfected his Hawaiian Kempo, training athletes through a chain of martial arts gyms across the world.
The Online Dojo
The Pit Online Dojo was created for working men and women (and their children) who want to learn the best training techniques for the practical day to day world—on their own time, often from the comfort of their own home. Some of our athletes are interested in entering the UFC Octagon, others just want to be fit. All of our athletes have the power to end bullying, in all its forms. Should the situation ever require it.
The Pit’s headquarters are in Arroyo Grande, California, with other branches scattered throughout the United States, and even one in the United Kingdom. BECOME A MEMBER >
About Hawaiian Kempo
Hawaiian Kempo is a unique martial art, its basis founded centuries ago in a Chinese Shaolin temple. Kempo is a comprehensive and diversified means of unarmed self-defense. It is a no holds barred fighting system of offensive and defensive methods, putting equal emphasis on striking with hands and feet, immobilization and controlling the opponent, as well as projections and takedowns.
Grand Master Rick Kingi
I never thought I would still be teaching, but here I am fifty five years later, year 2017 and I'm still teaching and loving it! First, let me introduce myself. My name is Ricardo Jiro Kingi, better known as Rick Kingi. I stand just under 6-feet-3 and weigh about 220 pounds, and of African-American, Japanese and Portuguese descent. I am a 9th degree grand master in the art of Kajukenbo. I was born on April 18, 1946 in Los Angeles, and did my growing up in Los Angeles and Bakersfield, California.
In 1962, I started my journey in the art of Kajukenbo when I was sixteen years old, in Los Angeles, California, under the now legendary 9th degree Senior Grandmaster Carlos Bunda. I also had the pleasure of training under the late John Leoning, who was Carlos Bunda's instructor, and also the late Si-gung Dave Kawashima. These three men have made such a big impact on my life. They were excellent martial artist, smooth, fast and powerful, yet they had such a gentle spirit and a humble nature.
The late John Leoning was the first Kajukenbo instructor to bring Kajukenbo to California in 1958. John had trained under Adriano Emperado and his brother Joe Emperado. Adriano Emperado is one of the five founders that created the style of Kajukenbo, and lived near San Diego, California. More on GM Rick Kingi....
World Champion Jesus Chavez
Two Time World Boxing Champion
Jesús Aurelio Chávez (born Jesus Gabriel Sandoval Chavez, November 12, 1972) is a Mexican former professional boxer in the lightweight division. He is the former NABF, WBC Super Featherweight and IBF Lightweight Champion. He fights with the nickname El Matador, meaning "The Killer", in honor to his first gym, Tom O`Shea's Northwestern Settlement Matadors in Chicago. He is a gifted fighter and trainer and runs the Maple Street Boxing Club in Dallas, Texas. He will be teaching hand techniques, training tips, mit drills, and other skilled training routines that will improve your fighting skills... Don't miss this one!