The venue for this years historic Gathering of Eagles
and Kenpo International Hall of Fame is the
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
Book your hotel by calling Sheraton Dallas Hotel reservations at:
214-922-8000 or go to the website for details at:
If you are coming in on Wednesday or earlier then we recommend you stay at the MCM Elegante Hotel. They will give you rooms at $99/night, with airport shuttles and breakfast included. Just call the Elegante at: (214) 351-4477 and tell them "Gathering of Eagles" and you will get the good deal. They will also take you to the train station and for $2.50 you can get the 25 minute ride on the DART Orange Line train down to the Sheraton for the event! Just check "Travel Details" below for more train info.
Book your rooms now to stay at the Sheraton or Elegante or you will have to stay somewhere else and pay twice as much.... seriously!
- Early Registration at $235 runs through March 15th, 2017.
- Mid Registration at $255 runs March 16th through July 14th, 2017.
- Late Registration at $275 runs July 15th through August 13th, 2017.
- All reserved rooms in our room block go back into the general pool on July 28th at the then current rate (approx. $249+/night).
- The deadline for a meal at the banquet is Monday, August 7th, 2017. If you register at the door, you pay full price but won't have a meal at the awards banquet, sorry, but this is the hotel's cut-off. There are absolutely NO walk-ins for the dinner.
We suggest you fly into DFW (Dallas Fort Worth International Airport) and take the train to the hotel. There are no airport hotel shuttles to the Sheraton (private ones like Superior One: 972-488-0612 range from $40-50) but you don't have to rent a car or pay for a taxi ride (cab is $40-$50) when you stay at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel - instead, jump on the airport "Skylink" to the Orange Line (DART Rail) and it will take you door-to-door in about 55 minutes! The 2 hour rail pass is $2.50. This is the best deal and one of the reasons we chose this hotel. If you do rent a car, there is a mandatory nightly self parking fee of $25, or valet parking fee of $34.
You can also fly in to Love Field Airport (DAL) and then take a taxi or Uber to the Sheraton Hotel Dallas. Love Field is closer to the Sheraton but does not offer the train option.
Travel details if you fly to DFW airport:
- Once you land and get your bags, go upstairs to the Skylink (airport monorail) and get off at the second Terminal "A" stop (gates 1-20).
- Go down the stairs and take a left to Gate A-14
- Opposite Gate A-14, you will see the exit doors and signs for Ground Transportation
- Go out the exit doors and take a right to DART Rail.
- 50 yards down you follow the arrows and will take a right under the covered walkway.
- Just before you get to the tracks you will see two friendly ticket machines on the right, you want to purchase an "Adult Ticket", then select "2 Hour ", then select "Local 2 Hour - $2.50", then put in your money ($2.50 cash) and your ticket and any change appears, vending machine style, in the bottom!
- You are now a ticketed passenger! Get on the next train (they run every 20 minutes during work and rush hours and every 30 minutes during early and late hours).
- Don't worry, there is only one train and it's the "Orange Line" it will take you all the way to the "Pearl/Arts District Station" across the street from the Sheraton Hotel. This is the 15th stop once you leave the DFW airport.
- The ride will take about 55 minutes.
- When you leave to go home after this great weekend, just do the same in reverse!
- You can rent a car at the airport and drive downtown instaed, but remember you have to pay for parking at the Sheraton each night!
Travel details if you fly to Love Field airport:
- You will need to get a taxi, "Uber" or "Lift" to get to the Sheraton hotel from Love Field.
- You can rent a car at the airport and drive downtown instead, but remember you have to pay for parking at the Sheraton each night!
If you are coming in a few days early (for the Big D Adventure Day) or staying a couple days after the event to experience more of our great city and state, let us know, and we can negotiate the same great room rate for those extra days (while the supply of rooms lasts).